Skip to content

Driving in Denmark

To rent a car in Denmark you need a valid Australian or New Zealand licence.

If you take up residence in Denmark, your Australian or New Zealand licence will have to be replaced by a Danish licence. Application for a Danish driving licence can be made at local police stations.

You can read more about driving in Denmark on a foreign driving licence here.

Please note: In Denmark you drive on the right-hand side of the road.