Skip to content

Passport application

Submission of passport application

Australia: The passport application should be submitted in person either at the Embassy in Canberra or the Consulate General in Sydney. It is not necessary to make an appointment as long as the applicant arrives during normal opening hours. (Please note Canberra and Sydney have different opening hours). Applicants travelling from afar are nevertheless encouraged to make an appointment. In emergency situations please contact the nearest mission. Additional fees will be charged outside normal office hours.

New Zealand: Passport application should be submitted in person at the Honorary Consulate in Auckland, and by appointment only. For contact details please click here.

Honorary Consulates

Honorary Consulates in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji can still issue extensions of passports, emergency passports and receive applications for passports for children under the age of 12 (no biometric data requirement). For more information please read the document to the right 'Important Information about Biometric Passports'.  

Passports for persons 18 years of age and older

  • Application form duly completed and signed. The application form can be downloaded from this page.
  • Your old passport plus copy of the data page of the passport.
  • Application fee: Prod. no. 101 (for applicants between 18 to 65 years of age) and 103 (for applicants over 65 years of age) in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs list of fees. Please note that the Embassy in Canberra only accepts payment by card (except American Express and Diners Club cards). Alternativelt, a request can be made for an electronic transfer to the Embassy's bank account. The Consulate General in Sydney only accept EFTPOS cards connected to a savings or cheque account as approved means of payment. Cash, cheques and money orders are not accepted as a form of payment. Credit Cards will only be accepted exceptionally in cases where the customer is a Danish citizen travelling through Australia and not in possession of a Australian EFTPOS card.
  • Further to the above we may also request documentation of a valid residence permit for the country of residence. If we consider this to be necessary we will request this upon submission of the application. For applicants residing in Australia this could be a Visa Entitlement Verification (VEVO) from Dept. of Home Affairs

set title